The Center for Men’s Excellence is expanding! We are looking for staff therapists to join our practice when we expand our offices in the Spring of 2020.
JOB DESCRIPTION – STAFF THERAPIST
Clinic Overview: The Center for Men’s Excellence is a San Diego-based psychological clinic which offers a variety of services including individual, couples, and group psychotherapy along with organizational consultation services. The CME office is centrally located in Sorrento Valley, and clients are mostly (but not exclusively) adult men.
Position Overview: The Staff Therapist conducts initial evaluations, provides provisional diagnoses, and engages in structured, evidence-based psychotherapy with clients. Individual, couples, and group-format therapy sessions are common modalities, and the position involves working in a vibrant, growing group practice focused on the unique needs that men present with in therapy. Our approach involves the therapist being able to quickly develop a solid working relationship with clients while formulating a working case conceptualization early in the therapy process. The therapist should be able to clearly communicate to clients a concrete provisional treatment plan which reflects a roadmap of clinical goals intended to manage the client’s presenting concerns.
- Conduct initial diagnostic evaluations
- Conduct ongoing psychotherapy sessions
- Maintain clear, comprehensive, and timely clinical documentation
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA requirements, CA BOP requirements, and APA ethical standards
- Check voicemails and emails and respond within 24 hours
- Participate in periodic clinic professional development workshops
- Participate in periodic community presentations for marketing purposes
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- Licensed or license-eligible in California
- Strong background in evidence-based practices such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, behavioral exposure, acceptance and commitment therapy, EMDR, interpersonal psychotherapy, emotion-focused therapy or the Gottman method of relational therapy.
- Experience working with men and male-identified clients
- Specific training in masculinities and men’s issues is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Able to balance working independently with working in a team environment
Fee structure will be discussed as part of the interview process.
Interested applicants should send a resume to Dr. Daniel Singley at email@example.com.