CME's very own Jena Uphold is working on her research project for her dissertation and is looking for study participants! If you fit the study requirements, please submit the contact form to participate!
Letter to Participants
My name is Jena Uphold, and I am completing a doctoral degree from the California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University. This letter describes the research project I am planning to conduct this year. This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Alliant International University (2012196896, Alliantfirstname.lastname@example.org). I am hoping that after you read this letter, you and your child will be interested in taking part in this study.
The general purpose of this research is to understand the relationship between fathers and their children.
For this research, I am asking for: (1) your permission to allow your child to participate, and (2) for your consent to participate.
To participate in this study, you must be a father who is 18 years or older and have at least one child between the ages of 9-12. You must be fluent in the English language, you must reside in the United States, you must have access to the internet, and you must also not currently feel suicidal.
Your Child’s Participation:
- Each child participant in this study will be asked to complete two questionnaires about their feelings about their relationship with their father.
- Confidentiality is of great importance to us. No one but the researchers will see the names and ratings, and the names will be removed as soon as your child’s information is paired with yours.
- These questionnaires can be completed online and should take about 20-30 minutes for your child to complete.
- Your child may refuse to answer any question at any time without penalty.
- After completion of these questionnaires, your child will be entered into a raffle for their participation to win a $200 gift card to Amazon or a Nintendo Switch. Two prizes will be awarded at the end of the study.
- You will be asked to complete two questionnaires and a short interview. The questionnaires will ask you about specific feelings and behaviors you have regarding parenting. These questionnaires are designed to be completed online, while the interview is designed to be completed either via telephone or via zoom. These questionnaires should take about 20-30 minutes for you to complete, and the interview should take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete. After participation, participants will be entered into a raffle for a $200 gift card to Amazon or a Nintendo Switch.
Participation in this study is voluntary. This research involves moderate risks (i.e., some questions may cause father’s distress). Participation also provides you and your child with firsthand knowledge about how psychological research is conducted.
All of the data collected (from the child and adult participants) will be kept confidential. No participants’ names will be used in the analysis of data or in the reporting of the results of this study. All parents and children are free to withdraw from this study at any time if they wish. After the study is completed and the data are analyzed, a summary of the results will be made available to you.
If you have any questions that were unanswered please feel free to contact the investigator, Jena Uphold, M.A., M.S. at email@example.com or Dr. Irwin Rosenfarb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in participating in my study, please email me at email@example.com or text at (626) 842-6744 to be provided with a link to the study
Thank you very much for your time and cooperation.