The volume of parenting books and resources can be overwhelming for expectant parents. Below is a selection of resources that BTND veteran dads recommend.
Books for Dads
- The Joy of Fatherhood: The First Twelve Months Expanded 2nd Edition
- Finding Time For Fatherhood: The important considerations men face when they become parents
- New First Three Years of Life: Completely Revised and Updated
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, Revised Edition: Birth to Age 5
- The Baby Owner’s Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance It’s hilarious, to-the-point, and very guy-friendly.
- Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads Also funny and accessible with great tips.
Classes and Groups
- The Parent Connection’s “Daddy and Me” playgroups (requires membership)
- Meetup Groups for Dads in San Diego
- United States Marine Corps New Parent Support
- Daddit – The Ultimate Social Media Site “For Geek, Nerd, or Neuro-Atypical Dads”
- The Birth Education Center of San Diego
- Parent Savers Online Radio
- Rancho Bernardo Chiropractic and Wellness During Pregnancy and Childhood
- Babycenter.com Advice for New Dads
- The Parent Connection
- The Postpartum Health Alliance
- Postpartum Men | Website for Dads with Postpartum Depression
- Postpartum Dads | Helping Families Overcome Postpartum Depression